This is a place for me to do a braindump once in awhile. This will contain weirdness from everyday life, bizarre trivia tidbits my mind-sponge picks up, and just general things I need to get out there.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Premiere Usage

Well it's high time I got a blog so here I am! I am hoping that I will remember to actually come here and update but I figure that if this gives me an outlet, why not.

Anyway.  Does anyone remember Ken Jennings? He was the guy that won a record breaking 74 games of Jeopardy! in a row!  My hero! I'm currently reading his book "Brainiac - Adventures in the curious, competitive, compulsive world of trivia buffs"  and it is great!  A truly inspiring read of how a regular nerd (no offense Ken...I'm one too!) can actually make it. Ken is famous purely for being smart and having good fact retention. This is refreshing in our society where intellectualism is not nearly as valued as it has been in history.

Oh, speaking of Jeopardy! check this out:  J! Archives.  A totally cool fan-made archive of all the Jeopardy! answers/questions since the show began (in its second incarnation with Trebek) in 1984.

Thus concludes my premiere blog posting.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment